Monday, November 27, 2006

Chickened Out!




One of my tasks today was to package 20 pounds of boneless chicken breasts for the freezer. Oh, what a task it was!

A small local market had the boneless breasts on sale for only $1.49 per pound. An incredible buy! Usually the cheapest one can ever find them around here is $1.79/lb. We bought 40 pounds and then our daughter & husband purchased half of the chicken from us.

Usually we only buy about 5 pounds at a time, and then my hubby and I usually package the chicken together. That makes it a lot easier. Today I tackled the job myself because he had other responsibilities.

While packaging the chicken, I also lined a baking dish with parchment paper and arranged 3 of the chicken pieces in it, then sprinkled with salt & pepper and spread with barbecue sauce to refrigerate and bake later for Monterey Chicken. I was happy to have 3 less pieces to package up.

It will be nice to have all of that chicken in the freezer for meals this winter. But for now, yes, I can truly say I am... chickened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.