Friday, August 19, 2011

Bacon & egg burritos

(Photo by Taste of Home)

I've been trying some new recipes lately and have been wanting to share them.  This recipe for Bacon & Egg Burritos has been on my list to try for awhile, and I finally got around to it this past week.  These were easy to make and very delicious!  I didn't fry bacon, but just used some real bacon bits.  Instead of using bacon fat, I used a bit of butter to saute the veggies and eggs.

One could go either way with side dishes on this -- make breakfasty sides like home fries and maybe applesauce or fruit salad -- or dinner-type sides like rice and veggies.  I went the dinner-type route this time.

(Photo from Vigo-Alessi)
My preferred rice with any Mexican-type entree is Vigo Yellow Rice, available at most supermarkets.
  My local Hannaford store carries it, as does Walmart.  Walmart has it available in larger bags.  This rice has a nice authentic flavor but is not overpoweringly spicy.

For a salad, I love to serve  Fruit & Nut Tossed Salad with spicy foods.
(Photo by Taste of Home)

It has a nice light fruity flavor that complements Mexican foods so well.  I haven't tried it with curry, but think it might go nicely with curry-flavored foods too.

Hope these recipes provide inspiration for someone else!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.