Monday, August 22, 2011

Chicken in Lime Butter

(Recipe from Taste of Home)
I promised to post some of the recipes I've been trying lately (or old ones that I use a lot but haven't posted before).  This is a new one I recently tried:  Chicken in Lime Butter.  I had some chicken tenders and was looking for a good and easy way to prepare them that might be a bit different.  This was easy and very flavorful.  I changed just a couple of things.  I used olive oil to cook the chicken in, and I used only about half the butter called for in the recipe -- that is, I used 2 Tblsp. as opposed to 1/4 cup.  Also, I used fresh chives from the garden.  I had cut a handful of them not realizing that the recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon!  I used them all and it still came out very good.  Life has been so busy and hectic lately that I can't even remember what I served with this, but I think it was leftover yellow rice and some steamed Swiss chard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.