Monday, April 02, 2012

Quinoa with Roasted Veggies & Feta Cheese

(Photo by Taste of Home)
Here is a recipe I tried this past Friday night for supper:  Quinoa with Roasted Veggies & Feta.  We liked this a lot!

Neither of us had tasted quinoa before, although I had purchased a bag of it some time ago.  We found it delicious and it certainly is nutritionally impressive as well. 

I didn't have red peppers on hand, but substituted chopped mini peppers since I had a bag of red/yellow/orange ones in the fridge.  I don't think it could have been any better with just the red ones.  It was very flavorful.  I also left out the corn.  I was going to be roasting the veggies while we were out for a walk, and didn't want to have to think about adding the corn halfway through.  I used some extra chopped yellow peppers to compensate for the color the corn would have added.

The recipe suggested serving this dish with lemon wedges.  I wasn't going to bother, but we had lemons on hand so we did squeeze some onto the dish.  It added a really nice flavor note, and I will plan to serve the lemon wedges with it every time. 

Perhaps your family would enjoy this delicious main dish as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.