Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Quinoa Tabouleh

(Photo by Taste of Home)
This refreshing salad features quinoa, a nutritious grain that may be new to some.  I have tried a few different quinoa recipes in the past few months and we have really enjoyed it.  This particular recipe, which I found in my newest issue of Healthy Cooking, includes cucumber, parsley, chopped sweet red pepper and lemon juice -- very cooling flavors for a hot day.  You can find the recipe here:  Quinoa Tabouleh.

I had forgotten to buy fresh parsley and so I left it out of the recipe.  I took the salad to a potluck at church and was surprised and pleased that people enjoyed it so much, even without the parsley.  I will definitely buy parsley the next time I prepare this dish.  It was good without it, but I know it would be even better with parsley included.

Maybe your family would enjoy this simple salad, too!

2 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot about Quinoa but have not seen it down this way. I need to check the specialty grocery stores. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene!

    I think you would enjoy quinoa if you can find it. In my local grocery store, it is in the natural foods section with the bulk foods. Hope that may be of some help to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.