Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Summer squash/potato saute

Photo by Taste of Home
Last night I was looking for some sort of easy, stovetop potato side dish recipe to go along with leftover grilled chicken and hot dogs and a marinated vegetable salad.  I happened to remember this recipe which I had copied out of a magazine years ago: Summer Squash and Potato Saute.  (I have a couple of books filled with recipes like this.  I have tried many of the recipes but not all of them.)  This particular recipe was one I had never tried.

I didn't have any yellow summer squash on hand, but I did have zucchini, so used that instead.  I also didn't have red potatoes, but had some small russet potatoes so I used those, but I did peel them.  I do think the dish would be very pretty with the red potatoes and using both the green and yellow squash.

This was such an easy, quick side dish.  I'll be making this again.  Maybe your family would enjoy it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.