Thursday, July 02, 2015

July 1953


Here is another page from the vintage Woman's Day calendar for 1953.  For many years, these calendars came bound as pages in the middle of the January issue of Woman's Day.  Each one features a Scripture verse.  It's interesting to me that in more recent years, the verses had gotten smaller (though still very readable) -- but in this 1953 calendar the Scripture is the focus.

This July scene by Warren Chappell features a peaceful harbor.  In the distance a lighthouse stands sentinel on a cliff.  How beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.