Friday, December 11, 2020

Borrowing a question from the Hodgepodge

 

 There's just no time right now to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, but I decided I did have time to answer one of Joyce's multi-part questions:

2. What's one thing you've baked this month? 

I'm trying to think.  Have I baked anything this month? We had guests for Sunday lunch on December 6 and I know I served some type of dessert.  But I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Now, my hubby has baked a lot this month.  In fact, he has baked each and every cookie on the list at the top of the post, except for the no-bakes, logically enough.  I was thinking I might get to those today, but I didn't.

Lemon Shortbread Thumbprints
Whipped Shortbread

Secret Spice Cookies

Just to picture a few.  He has also made two batches of Heavenly Delight (see below) and one of Special Holiday Fudge.

Have you eaten the finished product? 

Not too much.  But yes, we, and especially he, have sampled.  Something about quality control, he says.

How much baking do you do around the holidays? 

A lot.   As you might have guessed from that list.  In recent years, Mr. T has done most of it, and this year, being retired, he is pretty much doing all of it.  (He's working for our son-in-law on a carpentry job today.)

What baked sweet something does your family insist is on the menu during this season of the year?  

Eggnog Logs and Sacher Torte Cookies.  You can find any of these recipes by typing the name of the cookie into the search box at top left.

Thanks, Joyce, for the inspiration today!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cookies
    Baking is on the slow this year. I have committed to make a lemon meringue pie. Lots of warm egg nog will fill in for sweet baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality control is very important! Somebody must do it. ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.