Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday Scripture

 


As I mentioned last week, in December 2020 I used Peace, Be Still: A 31-Day Christmas prayer journal, from Women Living Well.  I'm using some of my simple study from this book as Scripture Sunday posts for this December, using different posts on each of my blogs to keep it interesting for all of my readers.  I will take two from each week's study to use one each on my blogs, and maybe next December use more of them.

Also -- note that this simple study does not use the SOAP method as my studies usually do.  This one includes a verse for the day, a thought for the day,  a reflection question for the day and space to write a prayer for each day.  I tended to look at the verse a little bit in depth, and I tended (but not always) to answer the reflection question in the prayer.  But of course you can use these any way you want to.   Here goes with the study for Week 3, Day 15!

Verses for the day:

"For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."  (Romans 6:20, 22-23)

My study:

These verses describe an amazing transformation!  We were once the servants of sin, but since accepting God's gift of salvation, we are now:

• made free from sin
• producing fruit unto holiness
• made servants to God
• destined to everlasting life!

Reflection question:

Have you repented of your sins and placed your faith in Jesus and received the free gift of eternal life? If you haven't, do it now!  If you have, you are a child of God and He is your everlasting Father.  How has He transformed your life?

My prayer:

Dear God, I am so thankful for Your free gift of salvation: free to me, but at great cost to You.  Once the servant of sin, I accepted Your gift when I realized I was lost and unable to save myself.  

What an amazing transformation then occurred: freedom from sin, eternal life as a destination -- and even, unbelievably, the privilege of serving You and producing spiritual fruit that can show how You work in a life.  I thank and praise You for all of this.  It is such a blessing and privilege to be Your child!   In Jesus' name, Amen.

That's our Sunday Scripture for today!  It was a blessing and encouragement to me to review this passage, and I hope this look at God's amazing gift of salvation encouraged you as well.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for this indescribable and free gift! We do not deserve this forgiveness of sin, but God, in His love and mercy, sent Jesus to be our personal Savior so that we could be forgiven and have eternal life with Him forever! How marvelous is that? More than we can comprehend! The true reason for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incomparable gift. Because it can not be compared to any other, we sometimes do not recognize the value, breadth, and scope of such a gift. Thank you, Father. What great love.

    Have a blessed Christmas week, Mr. and Mrs. T!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.