Wednesday, December 07, 2022

A question from the Hodgepodge

 

 I'm not going to find time today to link up to the Hodgepodge, so I borrowed one of the questions that interested me to answer:

3. According to Better Homes and Gardens Magazine there are seven popular color trends for the holidays this year. They are- red and white, Victorian blue, pops of pink, rich shades of green, rainbow hues, black and white, and nostalgic retro colors. Are you 'trendy' when it comes to holiday decorating in 2022? How so? Does your tree have a 'theme'?

I am not "trendy" when it comes to holiday decorating -- nor when it comes to anything else.  I don't care for trends.

If I were to pick from one of these "color trends", it would either be red and white or nostalgic retro colors.  In fact, it probably will be the latter, since most of what I'll be using is vintage ornaments.

And our tree seldom has a theme.  I was going to say "never has a theme" but for a few years I had a small tree upstairs that had a Victorian theme, with lots of mauve, ivory and pink along with lace and velvet.

Ordinarily, though, our tree is quite eclectic with a lot of different colors and styles of ornaments.  Below you see last year's tree.  I like to use white lights simply because there are so many different colors on the tree already.

 This year, I'm very sure our tree (which we have barely begun to think about bringing in) won't have any theme except the joy of Christmas itself, however we express that in our decorating.

6 comments:

  1. You are much like me in the tree department. Our tree is very much a traditional and eclectic collection of memories of Christmas past, family, gifts from dear friends over the years, etc. No trends here either. I do have a small grapevine tree in the kitchen with small Christmas tea cups and teapots on it, mostly all gifts from my sister, and there is another grapevine larger tree on the front porch with birds and other natural things on it. We made that tree from our own wild grapevines found in the woods at our last home. Yes, we pretty much enjoy an old fashioned happy Christmas, focusing on Jesus, the REAL reason for the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grapevine trees sound lovely! I love that you made the one on the front porch from wild grapevines at your last home. What a wonderful idea! Your teacup tree is a fun idea also.

      Delete
  2. I like just an old fashioned same old same old Christmas tree. I actually tried a trendy one after I started this blog and that didn't last long. Give me my trust old ornaments that I love pulling out each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm the same. I know someone who varies her theme each year and she has a lot of fun with that. But give me tradition and memories every time!

      Delete
  3. Have a great, if busy, day. I like a good, old-fashioned eclectic tree with the sentimental ornaments of the generations featured. Will Mr. T head to the woods to find a tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy day with a dentist appointment right smack in the middle of it. But it went as well as things like that can go. More work looming in the future, I'm afraid. The plandemic, plus retiring dentists, really wreaked havoc with my dental care over the past couple years.

      I'm thinking we will likely use an artificial tree. We've been doing that for awhile as it allows us to keep the tree up longer. I'm afraid we depleted our supply of useable trees on our own acreage some years ago.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.