Friday, December 02, 2022

December 2

 

I'm trying to post daily in December at both of my blogs.  It may not happen daily here at my kitchen table, but there is plenty to talk about so I will share a little today.

Mr. T has accomplished so. much. Christmas cookie baking.  He's a dynamo in the kitchen!

He has made every cookie on this list from the Lemon Thumbprints down through the Sacher Torte cookies, making double batches of most.  He's also made some that are not on this list -- Macaroon Kisses, for one, and he is currently in the kitchen working on Peanut Blossoms to use up the chocolate kisses!  Peanut Blossom recipes are fairly easy to find, but if you want to try the Macaroon Kiss cookies -- which are scrumptious -- look here: Cookie recipes from an old magazine

He's also made, I think, four batches of Heavenly Delight fudge (shown above).

I haven't done a drop of Christmas decorating yet, other than turning a flannel throw to its Christmasy side, just this morning.  Its everyday side is dark green flannel.

 
Yesterday we spent the day helping out at The Wilds of New England (and I couldn't make myself begin Christmas decorating in November), so today is the day I begin with some simple first steps to Christmas decor.

I've completed a few small handmade gifts and one larger one, but have much more to do.

Today is this sweet girl's birthday!  Rosemary, shown here with her mom, turns 2 years old today.  So happy she could be here in NH with her family in September!

 
That's today's simple December post.  Have a wonderful day, everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Rosemary is a cutie! A sweet birthday to her! 🥳 It's early yet...you still have time for decorating. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have now accomplished a little bit of decorating. No Christmas boxes are out yet, but I have plenty of things to use that are right at hand.

      And yes ... Rosemary is adorable.

      Delete
  2. Happy 2 year birthday to Rosemary! What a sweetheart. And yes, as Vee said above, it's early yet...we still have time for decorating. I am just barely getting started. We hope to put the tree up this weekend, maybe...maybe not. There's no rush. When I was growing up our family never put up the tree until Christmas Eve! But then it stayed up until after January 6th, my mother's Birthday and Epiphany. We kids used to beg my parents to put up the tree earlier like all our friends' did, but tradition was tradition, and my parents stuck to their guns until after we kids were older and gone out of the house and then they changed the rules. LOL. Anyway, you have cookies already being baked at your house. That's pretty amazing. My grandmother used to bake all month long, but up north you could store them in a cold stairway or porch or someplace unheated. Here we don't have cool places to store them ahead of time. I'm just not that big on baking anyway I guess, except for a few favorites, and now our son usually does those. I hope he will this year. I always enjoy visiting here. Sorry I talk so much. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents always put the tree up later than I liked, but it was long before Christmas Eve. Of course it was a freshly cut tree from the "Back 40" and so it had to last until New Year's Day or so.

      We usually freeze our cookies, but once it gets cold enough we store some of them on the porch.

      Delete
  3. I haven't begun decorating yet either. I'm thinking I'll do it this weekend. Rosemary is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is indeed! Hope you got a start on your decorating. I did!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.