Wednesday, December 21, 2022

December weekend 3

 

 It was another busy weekend, though not quite as busy as the previous two.  Friday morning found us at the grocery store early, sipping a gingerbread coffee at the in-store cafe and planning our day.  (We had spent Thursday night at our little camp, amazingly!  It was a decent temperature, but was snowing when we woke up.)

Included with our groceries were a few more items for Christmas baking and for kitchen gifts.  And, not surprisingly, there were a few things we couldn't find: orange slice candies, white chocolate candy melts, caramel baking bits, and more.  A trip to a second grocery store did not yield any of these products either.

On Saturday I did a bit more baking and we took a cookie tray to an elderly neighbor.  Not the one above -- that is just a "snack plate" for us to share.  I made the peppermint chocolate trees -- well, I finished them off with the mint chocolate and the green sugar, my hubby baked them -- and he made the lemon spritz, raspberry thumbprints and the macaroon kisses.

Also on Saturday, I prepared two pans of lasagna to freeze for a friend to use with a houseful of visiting family.  I also made some gingerbread cookie dough which I still haven't found time to bake!  My hubby was busy with snow removal here and at his mother's house.  (Even though she is no longer with us, the roof still needs to be kept clear to keep it safe.)

Sunday morning before church services, he did a bit more snow removal here and at our neighbor's, as it had cooled down overnight and he felt he could safely scrape both driveways.  Then off to Sunday School and church, where we enjoyed more special Christmas music -- "O Holy Night" by a teen choir and "Sing We Now of Christmas" by violin and piano.

After church, we headed over to our friends' church in Vermont to enjoy a fellowship dinner and afternoon service with them.  Mr. T took along one of his famous cookie trays which was enjoyed by all!

When we got back to our town we made quick stops at Dollar Tree and Wal*Mart and were able to find the baking ingredients the other stores had been out of.  

And that was our weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Wal*Mart had what you needed. I couldn't find what I needed there this afternoon. Cheese Balls may be highly overrated. 😏

    Busy days for sure. Glad that you have been able to attend some Christmas programs. They make the season extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy winter days for you all. We will be having wintry weather here this weekend in the low 20's, but no snow for us. Your hubby is good to do the plowing and scraping, etc. I know that is important stuff to keep up with. I remember those days. How nice to have cookies to share with friends and neighbors. What a blessing. I hope you all have a very blessed and wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.