Monday, February 13, 2023

A bit of winter decorating

 

 Just popping in with a quick post to share the small bit of winter decorating that I've done.  Most of it's on my hutch.  I found this gorgeous snowflake plate at our favorite local thrift store.  The blue mug is a Fire King mug in the "Kimberly" pattern; I found it at my childhood home and fell in love with it.  The little "Snow Day" cross-stitch is from the Prairie Schooler January sampler leaflet.  I'm working on the sampler, but I simply could not resist stitching this little piece also.

The log cabin plate was also a thrift store find; the vintage Gurley snowman candle was a gift from my friend Cyndy.
This shows more of that shelf.  The snowman plate was another thrift store find; think it's from Walmart originally.  The little cardinals were gifted me by my friend Lynne.
A closer look at the snowman plate.
The shelf below looks pretty much the same every winter: lots of glittery houses and little trees.  This year I added in a Christmas card from our friend Steven.  I thought it fit so well with the trees and houses.

 I already showed you this bookcase top from the living room, below.  It looks exactly the same now except I removed the "January" garland.  I decided I loved everything else just as it is!
 Oh, and this is an older photo but I have also hung these banners over the dining room windows:

And there is some of my super-simple winter decorating that I'm enjoying so very much.   Probably in March I will transition to a maple sugaring theme.

5 comments:

  1. I love your winter themed decor. I guess here in Florida we tend to put away anything wintry looking right after Christmas/New Years. It's harder for us to maintain a winter look when we have azaleas blooming, etc. But I do enjoy seeing your snow scene right outside your window. Enjoy your beautiful scenery while it lasts. It's always a delight to visit here. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all lovely. I do love that mug. The little January banner is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color on that Fire King mug is delightful. It is reading deep teal to me. Is it more blue than that? Always nice to do a little refresh from time to time. Speaking of which, I should do it myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:54 AM

    Love the window banner! I keep getting ideas to make these for every occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty6:55 AM

    Love the window banner! I keep getting ideas to make these for just about any occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.