Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


Although I'm posting on Tuesday, I wrote this post last evening at The Wilds of New England.  Am joining Sandra for this link party over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The Weather:::

It's been a warm, mostly sunny spring day in this corner of New Hampshire.

As I look outside my window:::

Birds are flitting about and inhabiting the birdhouses.  Lilacs, both white and purple, are blooming, and the scent is amazing..  

 
Right now I am:::
 
Working on a blog post while waiting for my hubby to come in from scraping paint.
 
Thinking and pondering:::

On some fairly incomprehensible situations in life and how God knows the whys and wherefores of each one.

On my bedside table::: 

 A lamp, a book, and a wooden coaster.


On my tv this week::: 

Nothing this week.

 Listening to::: 

The creaking sounds of an older house.

On the Breakfast plate:::

I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch was a salad with cubes of ham, cheese, and avocado, and tomato wedges.

  On the dinner plate::: 
 
Chicken taco salad.
 
On the menu for this week::: 

I usually plan my menus from Thursday to Thursday, and grocery shop on Friday morning.  A few meals on my menu plan:

 Fish chowder
Egg bake with bacon
Burger bowl
Hot ham and potato salad
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner
We Travel an Appointed Way by A.W. Tozer
Licensed to Lie by Sidney Powell



On my to do list today:::
 
Work on blog posts
Work on felt food.
Sort and organize counseling resources for my volunteer job.
Prepare supper.
Instagram post.

Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some notions, patterns, cards, and kids' books on Etsy
Declutter the linen closet
Write blog posts
Work on my Sunday School lesson
Spend time at my volunteer job
 
What I am creating:::

January cross-stitch sampler
Felt food for some toddler birthday gifts
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

Studying Psalm 143 right now.  Loving this verse -- "Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in The do I trust.  Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,; for I lift up my soul unto Thee."  (Psalm 143:8)
 The entire psalm is a blessing.  I'll be sharing more in a Sunday Scripture post in a couple of weeks.

On my prayer list:::
 
Friends & family
Church family
Missionaries
Our country
 
And there is the Happy Homemaker Monday for this week! 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post...love the lilacs...and is that your house? I loved the statement "creaking of an older house". They do that, don't they? Especially in the wind. I understand the feeling...I do a lot of "creaking in my old house"...this body I live in. LOL. Take care and enjoy your week. Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! No, not my house. We're here at The Wilds of New England. The white building visible through the lilac tree is the coffee shop here. The inn we stay in here was repurposed from a former staff home. It's older, and it creaks. Me too! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreeing with Pamela M. Steiner, this is a beautiful post. I may follow the outline for a post. Love the quote from Psalms you have shared. Like you, I remind myself of the Lord's lovingkindness every morning because it helps to get my days off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope that you will follow the outline for a post one of these days, Barbara! I'm really enjoying it myself! 😊

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos with the white house and spring flowers. Felt food is always popular with toddlers, what a wonderful gift. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You too, Jean! Thanks for visiting! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.