Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday on Tuesday

 

Ad from a vintage 60s magazine

 So I was out of town all day yesterday and had an evening commitment.  There was no way I could do a Happy Homemaker Monday, so I decided to do one on Tuesday.  I hope nobody minds!

I'm joining Sandra for this link party over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The Weather:::

It's partly sunny, partly cloudy, but it could be humid if the breeze died down.  A nice spring day in New England.

As I look outside my window:::

Birds are flitting about.  The lilacs are springing into bloom.  There's a slight breeze -- hopefully enough to keep the black flies away.
 
Right now I am:::
 
Working on a blog post before meeting up to walk with a friend.
 
Thinking and pondering:::

On how to turn some valances I was given into curtains for our little camp.  I think I have it figured out, now to put my thoughts into action.

On my bedside table::: 

 a lamp, books, a pen, tiny jar of lavender infused olive oil.

On my tv this week::: 

Nothing this week.

 Listening to::: 

Traffic going by on the road below.  Clothes whirring in the dryer.  The hum of the woodsplitter in the distance as my hubby works on firewood.

On the Breakfast plate:::

I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch will likely be a salad with cubes of ham and avocado, and tomato wedges.

  On the dinner plate::: 
 
Egg bake, bacon
 
On the menu for this week::: 

I usually plan my menus from Thursday to Thursday, and grocery shop on Friday morning.  A few meals on my menu plan:

 Fish chowder
Egg bake with bacon
Burger bowl
Hot ham and potato salad
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner
We Travel an Appointed Way by A.W. Tozer
Licensed to Lie by Sidney Powell

On my to do list today:::
 
Work on blog posts
Work on my Sunday School lesson
Laundry
Scrub the tub; wash shower curtain/tub mat
Work on curtains
Go for walk

Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some notions, patterns, cards, and kids' books on Etsy
Declutter the linen closet
Write blog posts
Work on my Sunday School lesson
Spend time at my volunteer job
 
What I am creating:::

January cross-stitch sampler
Felt food for some toddler birthday gifts
Curtains for our little cottage
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:

I've been preparing a Scripture post for this coming Sunday.  The verses I'm focusing on are Psalm 141:2-3 -- "Let my prayer be set forth before Thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.  Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips."

The author of the study I'm using commented, "David humbly asked the Lord to put a guard over his mouth.  He wanted his lips to be used for prayer and praise and not for lies, slander, or complaining.  He knew he needed the help of the Lord to control his words and be like a guard over the door of his lips."

It's true.  Our words are so important and God's Word has a lot to say about the importance of our speech.
But we must have His help.  We can't do this in our own strength.
Lovely image from Little Birdie Blessings

On my prayer list:::
 
Friends & family
Church family
Missionaries
Our country
 
And there is the Happy Homemaker Monday for this week! 

8 comments:

  1. A cozy read...I enjoyed it! That hot dog ad is making me long for a nice beef hot dog with all the trimmings. It's getting to be that season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, yes indeed, it is getting to be that season. Glad you enjoyed the cozy read -- and isn't that hot dog ad such fun? I've been scanning ads from old magazines I found at the camp. They are too brittle to be much good for any other use, so I scan ads and other interesting items and then toss the pages.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this post and your latest one on the Hodgepodge. I got side tracked yesterday before I could write my comment, so now I have to go back and re-read this. Oh, the Cain's Relish ad is what Vee is talking about...we don't see Cain's Relishes here in Florida, but I do remember them from when we lived in NH. I loved it. Wish I could find some here. I love the picture of the lilacs...again, something we don't grow here in Florida and I miss them. Please enjoy them for me. I am glad you are enjoying some real spring weather now. I am sure it is a delight after a long winter. Oh, I remember the horrid "black flies". They can certainly spoil a nice evening outside (or day time too). But I guess there's always something no matter where we live to be a pest...we have deer flies and horseflies and of course, mosquitoes. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful week. I do like your many notebooks too (in the hodgepodge post). I used to do a lot of notebook keeping. Not so much anymore. My hand is tired of handwriting and so I just don't do as much of it anymore. I have shoulder/arm/neck issues and writing seems to add to the pain/frustration, so I have kind of given up except for writing short notes on cards. The computer has spoiled me for doing any handwriting as well. Sad to see that era of beautiful penmanship fading away. Okay, that's it. Thank you again...enjoyed your posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! Wish I could bottle some lilac fragrance and send it along to you!

      I still enjoy writing by hand and do quite a bit of it.

      Delete
  3. I often find myself doing the HHM posts on Tuesdays or sometimes even Wednesdays! Those lilacs are so pretty. Hope you have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is good to know, Jean! It makes me feel much better about being "late"! You have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  4. Sorry so late to visit. Lilacs, ours arent out just yet, maybe next week. Enjoyed the vintage adds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed the vintage ads, Lucie! I think they are so much fun.😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.