Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday ... on Tuesday

 


 I'm joining Sandra for this link party over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom,  a day late as yesterday was Memorial Day and we spent the entire day away from internet.  I hope that all of you had a blessed Memorial Day and that at some point you took a moment to be thankful for the sacrifice of those who have given all to keep our country free. 

The Weather:::

It's a beautiful spring day in New Hampshire.  66º (so they say) and only 39% humidity.  Glorious sunshine and a slight breeze.  I'm headed out for a walk in a half hour.

As I look outside my window:::

Birds are flitting about; phoebes have a nest in the garage eaves.  Purple lilacs are blooming, along with some pink honeysuckle, and the scent is amazing.  


Right now I am:::
 
Working on a blog post while waiting to meet up with a friend to walk.
 
Thinking and pondering:::

A quote from the novel I've been reading, Stories that Bind Us:

"Mom Sweet had a whole box full of special recipes that were reserved for only the very special days ...
flipping the lid, she showed me card after card.  'Every one of these has a story.  When I bake them, I think of memories of my children or my parents.  Sometimes they make me smile and sometimes I get sad.  But those memories?  They're the stories that bind us.' "

I thought about this yesterday morning when I pulled out my grandmother's recipe for baked beans to make for Memorial Day.  Sadly, this is not in her handwriting but in mine, as I wrote it down at her dictation back in the 1970s.  (I do have some recipes in her handwriting, and I'm so thankful for those.)  You can see this recipe has had lots of use over the years.

On my bedside table::: 

 A lamp, two books, and a pen.

On my tv this week::: 

Nothing this week.

 Listening to::: 

The distant hum of the wood splitter..

On the Breakfast plate:::

I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch will be a salad with cubes of ham, cheese, and tomato.

  On the dinner plate::: 
 
Leftovers.  Some components for burger bowls, baked beans, cole slaw, sausages .. I really think we have enough for an entire meal of leftovers.  I may saute some sliced zucchini, or roast some, just because we have a lot of it on hand.
 
On the menu for this week::: 

I usually plan my menus from Thursday to Thursday, and grocery shop on Friday morning.  A few meals on my menu plan:

Egg bake with bacon
Hot ham and potato salad
Hamburgers
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner
We Travel an Appointed Way by A.W. Tozer
Licensed to Lie by Sidney Powell
Some may wonder why it is taking me so long to finish this book.  A couple reasons: 1) I only read for a few minutes before falling asleep each night, and I don't usually read before bed at our cottage; 2) I typically read through a fiction book twice so I don't miss anything, as I tend to read quite quickly the first time through.

On my to do list today:::
 
Work on blog posts
Lots of laundry.
Go for walk.
Work on felt food.
Phone call with my Nevada daughter.
 
Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some notions, patterns, cards, and kids' books on Etsy
Declutter some bookcases
Take a box to the thrift store
Write blog posts
Work on my Sunday School lesson
Dust and vacuum bedroom
 
What I am creating:::

January cross-stitch sampler
Felt food for some toddler birthday gifts

Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

This quote I found while studying for my Sunday School lesson:
 
"You will never meet a fear that Jesus has not conquered; you will never face an enemy that Jesus has not defeated; you will never have a need that Jesus cannot meet; you will never face a temptation that Jesus cannot overcome; you will never have a burden that Jesus cannot lift; you will never face a problem that Jesus cannot solve; you will never know a bondage that Jesus cannot break; you will never know a circumstance when Jesus is not sufficient; you will never experience a moment when Jesus does not care."  -- Roy Lessin
 
Every one of these statements can be validated from Scripture.  What an encouragement today and every day!


On my prayer list:::
 
Friends & family
Church family
Missionaries
Our country
 
And there is the Happy Homemaker Monday for this week!  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.