Wednesday, May 17, 2023

May 17 Hodgepodge

  It's Wednesday, so it's time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's Hodgepodge questions are all over the place.   Here goes:

 1. What surprises you the most about people? 

I think I'm reaching the stage in life where nothing surprises me about people.

2. Would you rather have a chauffeur, nanny, gardener, maid, personal shopper or cook? Tell us why that one? 

 A chauffeur, because I really hate driving.  

3. May 18th is National Notebook Day. No idea what that means but let's run with it anyway. What's something you currently keep in a notebook? Have you seen the movie The Notebook? On a scale of 1-5 how does it rate? (5=a favorite, can watch and re-watch and re-watch again) 

I keep a Christmas notebook, a prayer notebook, recipe notebooks (all of these the loose-leaf type) and I take sermon notes in a spiral notebook.  I have worked many Bible studies and Scripture writing plans in composition notebooks.

I've not seen the movie The Notebook.  I believe it's also a stage play, but haven't seen it in that venue either.  It sounds like something I might enjoy, however.

Above, one of my Bible studies in a composition book.
My prayer journal at top right corner of the table.
Inside my prayer journal

4. Do you like mushrooms? Last dish you made or ate that had mushrooms on the ingredient list? Your favorite dish that calls for mushrooms? 

I do like mushrooms but for some reason I don't cook with them a lot.   I can't even remember the last dish I made or ate that included mushrooms.  My favorite dish calling for them would probably be a good sausage-stuffed mushroom.  In fact, as I think about it now a stuffed mushroom may have been the last mushroomy dish I ate.

I would not eat either of the mushrooms pictured below, but they are pretty.


5. What would you say is the most annoying thing people do in public? 

Flossing their teeth at the table.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

So thankful for safety in travel and a wonderful time as I spoke at a ladies' brunch on Saturday.  My sweet daughter went with me (and drove) and it was so nice to have that uninterrupted time with her, as well as her fellowship and smiling face during the brunch itself.  The theme, "Keep Looking Up!" was a blessing and every aspect of the time with these ladies was simply delightful.

Sweet image from The Graphics Fairy

That's the Hodgepodge for today!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I've not ever seen a person floss at the table but yeas, that would be annoying and downright yucky. I too, like mushrooms but we don't eat them all the time - however now I am craving them so I'll be picking some up at the store on Friday.
    Thanks for sharing your answers. I enjoyed them,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I cannot handle being in the same room even with someone flossing their teeth. My hubs knows this lol. Hope you have a nice rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, flossing at the table. Yikes. Good for you for traveling to bless the ladies at the brunch. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your prayer journal is so pretty! Glad your weekend time with your daughter was such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...I can't say I've ever seen someone floss their teeth at the table...Phew. I just remembered that last year someone pointed out to me that we had some morel mushrooms in our yard. I quickly pulled them up and cooked them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.