Friday, September 28, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday for September 28


For Favorite Ingredients Friday this week, I wanted to share a recipe that I may have posted here on my blog before, but not for FIF. Since it’s apple-picking time for many people, I thought I would share my top favorite apple recipe. I hope that others enjoy this treat as much as we have over the years!

APPLE CRISP PIZZA

Pastry for a single crust pie
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 medium apples, peeled and sliced 1/2” thick
TOPPING:
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup old-fashioned (or quick-cooking) oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 to 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping

Roll out pastry to fit a 12-inch pizza pan; fold under or flute edges of
pastry. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; add apples and
toss mixture together well. Arrange apple slices in a single layer over
pastry in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry. Combine the
first five topping ingredients in a bowl; mix well and sprinkle over
apples. Bake at 350ยบ for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are
tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle caramel topping over apples. Serve warm.

Yield: 12 servings

This is a wonderful dessert to make in the fall when the apples are
ready to pick. It makes your kitchen smell so good! You may add
vanilla ice cream on top if you like, but it’s delicious just as it is.

7 comments:

  1. Yummy! Hubby likes this from a restaurant, it will be nice to make it at home!!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds GREAT - I love this time of year and all of these autumn recipies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked apples on tues. so im going to have to make this. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! This sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby will LOVE this. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice group of ladies around my kitchen table!

    Hope you all get around to trying this yummy apple dessert and that you all enjoy it as much as we do.

    Have a great weekend, everyone!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.