Friday, September 21, 2007

Sew Crafty Friday for September 21




This hasn’t been the most accomplishing week craft-wise, but I did finish a couple of things. I’ll show you some of them.

I did finish another dishcloth in the “Gumdrop” yarn, but those are old hat by now. I probably won’t post another dishcloth photo until I finish one in a new and different color -- like the “Faded Denim” one I’m currently working on.

I also finished a crocheted snowflake -- but won’t post a photo of those until they are all stiffened and glittered and completely finished. They don’t look like much right now.

The apron I’d been working on for a friend is finished and I gave it to her yesterday. She loved it and it fits perfectly. I detest this particular apron pattern as far as working on it goes -- but I love the apron itself and the pattern, though it’s a pain, is far easier than similar aprons I’ve made. I had planned to cut out another one right away, but decided to give it a rest for awhile.


(On the window beside the door where the apron is hanging, you can see my el cheapo window treatment composed of a napkin and 2 placemats from the clearance aisle at Walmart. I had used 2 napkins -- no placemats -- on windows in other places, but had bought 2 packs of placemats ($1) by mistake, so combined them with the napkins It is different, but I think it looks quite nice.)

The other crafting I did this week was a set of 6 of these green print place mats.

I downloaded a free pattern from Craft and Fabric Links.com
and they truly were very, very easy. It only took me a couple of hours to finish all six of them, and I sandwiched it in and around other activities on an extremely busy day.


(Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I did not make the log cabin mat in the center of the table. That was made by my friend Marilyn, and is just gorgeous. I’d like to take up quilting some day, but that’s a future project!)

In addition, I have also made a bit of progress on an embroidered dishtowel and my cross-stitch sampler, but not enough to post photos yet.

Remember, if you’ve done any crafting this week, even if you haven’t actually completed anything, head on over to http://w8ng4him.blogspot.com and share your projects. It’s such fun and so inspiring to see what others are working on

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks so lovely! I am sure that the apron will come in good use, nice how it matches your window treatment! How creative that is to use things in new ways!

    The placemats are lovely, as are the one made for you, very lovely table setting you have!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like that window treatment! I think it's very clever.
    What's the apron pattern? It looks very nice. Why is it so difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mona and Mom2fur,

    Thanks for the sweet comments!

    The apron pattern is a McCalls craft pattern, think it may be out of print. Think I gave the details a few Fridays ago. It's just tricky to put together. My instructions are covered with hand-written scribbles, arrows, circles, and reminders that it has to be done a certain way. I've made this pattern about 4 times and it gets a tiny bit easier each time, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love the apron. It's so pretty. Great job on everything else too.

    gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina,

    Thanks so much for the encouraging comments! My friend was so pleased with the apron. I know it wasn't perfect, but she likes it and it looks so nice on her. I'm glad you thought it was pretty and that you enjoyed the other projects too.

    Stop in any time!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.