Friday, September 28, 2007

Sew Crafty Friday for September 28



This week has been busy and unusual, with different things that have taken me out of the house more often than I’d like. So busy, in fact, that I shouldn’t even be taking the time to post this. But real quick, here’s what little I’ve accomplished craft-wise this week:

I FINISHED 2 hot pads out of autumn fabric remnants. It’s fun to have these special fall accessories for my table. They are different sizes because I just used what I had. I got the idea from the “Seasonal Delights” magazine I had downloaded. Very nice!



And I have a dishcloth almost done, in the “Faded Denim” color -- just starting the edging. I’ve done quite a bit on a dishtowel -- as you can see, all I have left to do is finish the word “Thursday”. I’ve also cut out some squares for making some fall coasters for hostess gifts, but those aren’t in the picture. Lastly, I have worked a bit on my cross-stitch sampler -- I have it folded so that you can see the area I’ve been stitching on, with the bowl of apples.



Sadly, that about does it for my crafting this week. What about you? Have you done some crafting -- even a little bit? If so, head on over to Waiting for Him and share your projects. Inspire the rest of us!

3 comments:

  1. I should take up embroidery again, because I just love all the pretty things I see others making. I like your hotpads, too. I just finished one for Halloween. I should make more for the fall...somehow, all my hotpads and pot holders seem to have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mom2fur!

    Thanks for coming by! I'm glad you liked my hotpads. I didn't really have any hotpads, I usually just use hot mats that people have given me, or sometimes even potholders. These are so easy, I am going to make some more. Practical too!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hotpads are really lovely! And a great idea, I too generally just use a towel or the like, IF I even bother taking it off the stovetop! lol :o) I enjoy seeing your dish towels, they are all coming along nicely!

    Look forward to seeing more of the embroidery and cross-stitch!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.