Friday, January 04, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday for January 4


I have missed being able to take part in Sew Crafty Friday, and have very little to share today, but wanted to post a little something.

These are some Christmas coasters which I made with the idea of using them in a gift exchange. I ended up not using them, so here will be the start of a nice gift for someone next year.

I made these using odds and ends of some of my favorite Christmas fabrics, and thought they came out very pretty.

This photo shows the back of one of the coasters. The backing fabric is the same on each of them. I absolutely love this vintage-looking material (I bought it a few years ago) with its birch-bark appearance.

This is all I have to share today, but if you’d like to see what others have been working on, or if you have some craftiness to share, do head on over to Waiting for Him and share your projects. Shereen and others will be eager to see what you have to share.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. I love the coasters! You should get yourself a cute Christmas box on clearance to save for next year, or some awesome ribbon to tie these up. I wonder if they'd fit in a Christmas-style Chinese takeout box? How cute would that be for a gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Love the fabrics and how very festive they are. What a nice gift to give someone and think how great it is that you have such an early start on next year's Christmas. Thanks for sharing.
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/proverbsfamily/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies --

    Thanks so much for stopping by to see my coasters. I am glad you liked them. I have directions for them either here or on my Christmas blog, I think.

    Mom2fur, I did just buy some boxes on clearance as per your suggestion. I usually do tie them up with a ribbon when I give these as a gift. I also picked up on clearance some pretty mugs with a holly design, and some holly salt&pepper shakers, and think either one of those would go nicely with this gift, along with maybe some flavored coffee or tea.

    Hopefully I can make a few more sets of these as time goes by. They are easy and quick to do.

    Stop in again anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.