Thursday, January 03, 2008

Goals for the New Year


The gorgeous graphic is a free wallpaper from Baptist Bible Hour
 When I thought about setting goals for this year, I decided to go back and look at last year’s goals. Guess what? They are exactly the same for 2008. I’ve made progress on many of these, especially time management, but these areas still need work. So...

Here are some of my goals for the coming year. They are in no particular order, and I'm sure I will think of more later, but for now:

1. To go to bed earlier and to get up earlier than I do now.

2. To exercise and drink plenty of water every day.

3. To make my daily quiet time with God ever more meaningful.

4. To continue to grow in the areas of godly speech and diligence in work.

5. To continue to grow in the practical skills of homemaking, money management, and time management.

6. To stick with the housekeeping routines that work for me.

7. To continue to grow spiritually and to use my talents and my spiritual gifts for God's glory.

How about the rest of you? Would anyone like to share their goals for the coming year?

4 comments:

  1. My goals are very similar to yours, almost identical, in fact!

    1. To grow in the Lord by spending more time in the Bible and prayer.

    2. To be a more active witness.

    3. To go to bed at an earlier time than I do now, consistently.

    4. To bring my blood sugar back under control by healthier eating and daily exercise.

    5. To become a better homemaker by having a more consistent routine and focusing on the art of homemaking.

    6. To read more.

    7. To craft more, making gifts for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your goals, Susan! I should have added something about creativity to my list, as you did (i.e. crafting) , because I have found that I really do need to do at least one creative thing, however small, to function at my best.

    Have a wonderful 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goals look wonderful, Mrs. T!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.