Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A few of my favorite Christmas books


Well, I have sort of fallen by the wayside with posting every day.  Too busy doing, rather than writing, I guess!  Today I thought I would share just a few of my favorite Christmas books, mostly ones with crafts, recipes, and just fun inspiration for this blessed season.  I'll just give some simple captions as explanation.
Gooseberry Patch Christmas book 12 -- I found this used, on Amazon, in like-new condition for an amazing price.  Even better, it is filled with fantastic ideas for gifts and treats!

Loads of yummy-sounding cookie recipes in this small soft-cover -- and I love the cover art
Gooseberry Book 6 -- I've made lots of projects from this one.
The Christmas Kitchen -- worth getting out every year.  I love this one!
More Gooseberry favorites.  Simple Joys of Christmas is out of print, but you might be able to find a copy somewhere.  I have a recipe in there!
These are some of the earlier Gooseberry books and any of them would be worth getting.  Homespun Christmas is particularly full of great ideas, but all of them are wonderful.
My mother owned a copy of this same book, and I get mine (found at a book sale)  out every year for inspiration.
All of the Gooseberry Patch numbered Christmas books (by Leisure Arts) are wonderful.  They put one out every year.
Not a book, but a magazine.  I subscribed to this for a couple of years.  If you can find copies of these, you would enjoy the crafts and recipes.  The emphasis is on preparing for Christmas all year round.
Full of great ideas you can do ahead!
I've owned the older edition of this book for years.  Love it!
Holly Pond Hill Christmas Treasury -- I found this years ago in a discount bookstore.  Bought several of them for gifts.  If you enjoy Susan Wheeler's art, you need to find one of these.
I saved my very favorite for last.  Given me by my daughter Joanna years ago, The Happiest Season of All is another Holly Pond Hill Christmas book and is so much fun to read.
You would likely be able to find many of these on Amazon-- I have found some wonderful buys there on used Gooseberry Patch books, in particular.  [And if, perchance, you search using the Amazon search box feature here at my kitchen table, a teensy percentage goes to me.  Every little bit helps, right?]  You may well have your own favorite sources for used books, so by all means check those.  Some thrift stores or consignment shops have an actual Christmas section.

Hope you have enjoyed this look at a few of my favorite books!  Any of them would give you great inspiration for Christmas 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.