Thursday, December 11, 2014

Baking report for early December


Eggnog Logs (photo from Taste of Home)
Here's a little update and some links for the cookies Mr. T has been baking.

So far he has made:

Eggnog Log Cookies
Whipped Shortbread -- so yummy
Whipped Shortbread Cookies
one of last year's cookie trays -- the little round chocolate ones in the top point are chocolate spritz
Chocolate Spritz

He also made Gingersnaps, which are a pretty common recipe that most people have, so I won't share one.  But while they were baking I saw a recipe in Taste of Home for

Gingersnap Coconut Creams

and decided to sandwich some of the baked gingersnaps together with the coconut cream filling in that recipe.
photo from Taste of Home
I think by looking at her recipe that her cookies are softer (they are a drop cookie), where ours are more crisp.  But after being stored in a tin for a day or two, they make a very nice sandwich cookie.  The ginger and coconut flavors are very good together.

That's the update for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.