Friday, December 19, 2014

A few of my favorite vintage Christmas cards

This 1970s card reminded me of my daughters!  I made a dough ornament inspired by this one.
 As I've mentioned before, I have a nice little collection of vintage Christmas cards, mostly because I once taught art (on a volunteer and amateur basis) at a small Christian school.  People knew that I often made projects with the kids involving used greeting cards, and, when I put out a call at church and school that I could use them, I received bags of old cards.  Many of them were fabulous vintage Christmas cards!

Of course, I couldn't and wouldn't cut those up.  Instead, I display them on a ribbon board and under a glass topped desk.  I also scanned most of them so that I would be able to use the images over and over.  Today I'm going to share a few of my favorites with you.
Love the sleeping village encircled by a white holly wreath

This was the inspiration for my Christmas blog, Mrs. T's Christmas Kitchen

Love this -- a more innocent, secure time for sure

Cosy firelit room

Bringing home the tree

Tiny square card from my childhood

This is the inside of a card.  I love the green fireplace

Sheet music with holly

A welcoming open door on a snowy night

Pretty and simple

This was the outside of a photo card

Reminds me of farms of my childhood

My daughter gave me this card one year

Skating scene

Ski jump -- a favorite card

Cute childrens' card
Hope you have enjoyed this peek at some of my favorite vintage cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.