Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Dinner 2014


Rosemary Pork Roast photo from Taste of Home
 Yesterday we had perhaps the best Christmas dinner ever.  Everything turned out well and was so delicious!  I am posting these recipes and links now, before I forget what we served! This was our menu:
Christmas Dinner 2014
Rosemary Pork Roast
Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Whipped Butternut Squash
Petite Peas
Paradise Cran-Applesauce
Ice Cream
Christmas Cookie and Fudge Tray

I have links for the pork roast, the mashed potatoes, the squash and the cran-applesauce.
The Rosemary Pork Roast is so delicious and very easy to prepare.  You thicken the pan juices for gravy and it is yummy.

The Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes recipe is my go-to for any large holiday meal that requires mashed potatoes.
Whipped Butternut Squash photo from Taste of Home
Usually I just wing it when it comes to preparing squash.  But I remembered seeing this recipe: Whipped Butternut Squash in an older Taste of Home magazine and decided to try it.  It was wonderful!

And this Paradise Cran-Applesauce recipe makes a beautiful and lovely side dish that would also be good with turkey or chicken.  No spices; just the wonderful, unadulterated flavors of apples and cranberries.

Paradise Cran-Applesauce photo from Taste of Home
I have put all of these recipes in my Christmas notebook for next year.  If you are in need of a tried-and-true Christmas dinner menu, you might like to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.