Thursday, October 06, 2016

Favorite fall candle scents


Image from Yankee Candle
Last year I remember seeing a prompt for October blogging that suggested we write about our favorite candle scents for fall.  As a rule, my favorite scents for any season are by Yankee Candle
although I have found some lovely scents by smaller companies in various country shops over the years.

Every year my granddaughters' school has a Yankee Candle fundraiser and I often get myself a package of a dozen tealights.  This year I ordered Gingerbread Maple, which will be fun to try.  It smelled very nice on the scented page!  The website describes it this way: "Baking spices and the warm fragrance of cloves, with just a touch of maple, bring back memories of gingerbread cooling on cookie sheets".  Sounds enticing!

For years my favorite Yankee Candle scent for fall was Cranberry Chutney, and I'm still pretty partial to that. The description for that one is "A delicious reminder of Thanksgiving dinner…tangy, fresh cranberries with orange zest and raisins."  It's a fun combination of cranberries and citrus that I really enjoy.

Over the years I've also enjoyed Yankee Candle's  Macintosh scent, which always takes me back to my childhood and inhaling the aroma of a barn full of apples at an orchard where my parents would buy a bushel or two of "drops".
Last year I ordered a package of tea lights from the fundraiser in the Pumpkin Ginger Bark scent.  I couldn't find this on the Yankee Candle site so this photo is from Amazon. 
Just this morning I was burning a tea light in this scent and it is a truly lovely fall fragrance.  Maybe my new favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I think Yankee Candles are the best! I have purchased a Better Homes and Gardens candle from Walmart this year that is very nice. I think it is called Autumn morning or something of the sort. At Christmas I love Yankee Candle's Balsam Fir. Since I do not have a live tree, it makes the house smell like I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, I am surprised that a southern girl would approve of Yankee Candles! (just kidding)

    But you're right, they are wonderful candles. Some of the Better Homes and Gardens scents at Walmart are very nice also. I tend to buy their wax cubes since they are inexpensive and come in a huge variety of scents. A frugal way to see if one really likes a particular scent.

    Yes, that Balsam Fir is a very realistic scent. We had real trees for years but have gone to the artificial ones and that balsam scent has fooled people at my house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.