Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Berry Cheesecake Dessert

(Photo by Taste of Home)
This past Sunday I needed a dessert for a potluck and wanted to use some of the strawberries we froze last summer.  I had planned on making this one: Berry Cheesecake Dessert the week before (when I had some fresh strawberries) but wimped out on it since it was a hot day and the dessert required time in the oven.  I ended up making the Cheesecake Mousse with Strawberries that week, and it worked out great.

So this week it was cooler and I made the Berry Cheesecake Dessert, only substituting frozen (thawed and drained) strawberries for the fresh ones.  I also made the crust gluten free by substituting gluten free vanilla wafer crumbs (homemade) for the graham cracker crumbs.  The dessert was very good and went over well at the potluck, but it would have been MUCH better with fresh strawberries.  I will keep this recipe in mind for when we go strawberry picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.