Tuesday, November 23, 2021

An encouraging pre-Thanksgiving read

 

 Just sneaking in on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to encourage my readers to celebrate the upcoming holiday with joy and gratitude.  It is so easy, in light of all of the difficulties folks are dealing with these days, to want to bypass this wonderful family holiday.  Last evening I read an article so encouraging that I wanted to share it with all of you.  Here is the link: Let's Make It Happen: Saving Thanksgiving from the Grinch.  The author is Jeff Minick.  

Whenever I'm browsing through the latest Epoch Times newspaper, I'm nearly always drawn to articles by Jeff Minick.  I so enjoy his writing.  He often expresses just what I would like to say if I were more eloquent. (If you wish to read more of his writing, you can check out his blog, Learning As I Go.  You can also look up his articles in The Epoch Times archives here.  I don't have time to read as many blogs as I would like, so I usually just read his newspaper articles.)

I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I did, and that you will make plans for a grateful celebration in some fashion or other.  Ours will include food, family, friends, music, games, and no doubt lots of laughter -- and for that (among many, many other things) I am very thankful.  Let's be sure we are not letting the Grinch steal Thanksgiving, but that we are celebrating with gratefulness and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.