Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Some goals for November

 

November 2 already, and time to set some goals for the month:

* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones
* Read and study the November chapters in the Daily Walk Bible
* Continue our Daniel Bible study with younger believers
* Help our widowed friend Terry with the challenges of life in general
* Continue studying A Woman After God's Own Heart
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar
* Drink enough water each day
* Walk and/or exercise each day
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama)
* Do something creative each day
* Post in this blog as often as possible
* Post in my Christmas blog whenever I can
* Write and schedule a good number of December posts for both blogs
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Keep up with Etsy and trust bookkeeping
* Keep the ball rolling on selling a trust property
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Possibly go up north to visit a friend for a day or two
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
*  Continue a 40-day sugar fast
*  Prepare for and attend a monthly women's Bible study
* Help and encourage my husband as he leads our church through whatever the future holds
*  Get some good work accomplished on readying our camp for winter
* Host a sleepover and breakfast at the camp for the next-door grandkids
* Possibly meet up for a meal with friends from Vermont
* Plan and prepare for Thanksgiving
*  Celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends
*  Work diligently at getting Christmas shopping and crafting completed (it is started!)
* Have some friends over to the camp for a meal or a campfire
*  Volunteer our time to help with maintenance at a Christian camp as needed
* Plan a special time with our oldest granddaughter

 HEALTHY HABITS FOR NOVEMBER:  Drink more water/get more sleep/get more exercise/limit sugar
WORD FOR 2021: Steadfast 

Some may wonder how I did with October's goals.  I used to be very accountable, adding "DONE" or "NOT DONE" to each item on the list.  Now Blogger has made that more difficult; I can still do it, but it takes time, so I tend to not add this notation.

I can say I accomplished most of October's goals, or that I accomplished something on each goal.   I'm still not up to memorizing 4 Bible verses or passages per month.  In October I accomplished 2 passages.  We have a memory passage for church and one for the women's Bible study I attend monthly, but I also have a list of my own that I'm working through.  

And I'm still not up to speed on my homemaking zones of the week.  I'm hoping that once we are staying at our camp less (it's not really suitable for winter visits yet), I will have more time at home.  We will see!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's quite a list for November, but the one that really caught my eye was the "continue a 40 day sugar fast"...with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the way I'd say that would be most challenging of all! Although I am not a big sugar eater myself, but when the holidays roll around it is difficult to pass up on the "goodies". I hope you are able to reach your goal, and I will be praying for you in all areas, not just that one. I am glad you are still enjoying going to your camp and that you will be spending some special times there this month with family and/or friends. I know you will miss it when it is closed for winter, but you will have plenty else to keep you occupied. I still dream of having such a place as that, and who knows, maybe someday we will, but meanwhile I vicariously enjoy your place when you share your times there. Praying also for your hubby and your church as you make decisions for your future. May God truly direct your path and light the way. I know this has been a concern for a long time, but don't you love it when He brings a good plan together? Have a blessed and wonderful week. I always enjoy visiting here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Pam! We finished the sugar fast on Tuesday ... well, my hubby did. I continued it through Wednesday. Then of course I overdid the sweets on Thanksgiving Day, sampling many of the desserts.

      We did stay at the camp Thanksgiving night; it was a relatively mild evening. But there's a winter weather advisory in place from Friday into Saturday, so this was probably our last time staying there for this year. We hope to go over later today and do some more cleaning and storing of seasonal items. It's a little hard to think of leaving there for the winter.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.