Friday, November 26, 2021

Friday five

 

Pretty graphic by Gooseberry Patch
 Just popping in with a quick Friday five since I didn't get here yesterday to wish everyone a blessed Thanksgiving.  Here are a few things I'm thankful for from the past week.

1.  Getting to hear our granddaughter's orchestra group play for a community square dance last Saturday evening.  It was great to realize that this New England tradition is being carried on by younger people.  (Photo shamelessly stolen from my daughter Carrie.)  The music was great, too.

2.  A wonderful Thanksgiving service and dinner at church last Sunday.  I may have mentioned that our church, without a pastor for over six years, is meeting together with another church with an eye to a potential merger, probably next spring.  It is so good to be part of a larger group and to enjoy learning, worshiping, and growing together as well as planning for community outreach.  Below is the bulletin cover from our Thanksgiving service.  We enjoyed this as well as a praise and prayer service on Wednesday night as well.  Thankfulness is always appropriate!

3.   Getting to have one last campfire, s'mores and a game at our little camp with the next-door grandkids.  Snow and cold weather coming ... but Lord willing we will have many more such times next year.  Photo is from 2020, but it's still the same camp, the same chairs and the same fire pit.

4.   Seeing how God has blessed as our daughter and son-in-law have been working on a much needed addition to their home.  They were able to host Thanksgiving dinner in the new space.  Below is part of the table and some of the lovely autumn decor.  (Again, I borrowed this photo and the one below from my daughter, but I don't think she will mind.)

5.  Getting together with family and friends for Thanksgiving.  There was far too much food (but oh, so delicious!), lots of good conversation, music and game-playing -- and moments of laughing so hard (over Telestrations) that we cried.  I wholeheartedly enjoyed not letting the Grinch steal Thanksgiving.  

 We all have so much to be thankful for!  How was your Thanksgiving, friends?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures and story! Your family's thanksgiving dinner looks so delightful. Love the new room your kids added on so they can entertain you all more!! I'm wondering what is in each plate? Looks like a card or envelope or something? Just curious. Love the square dance tradition! That picture is great! I remember doing that in junior high...the boys hated it, but we girls loved it! Of course you know I love your camp photo, no matter when it was taken! And I am happy for your church to finally be resolving the issue of needing a pastor, etc. It sounds like a wonderful merger made in heaven! The bulletin is pretty too. Sounds like your week has been marvelous. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful 5 things. I love the square dancing thing. I loved that as a child.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.