Sunday, March 06, 2022

Sunday Scripture

 

Sunday again, so it's time for another Scripture post!   As I've previously mentioned,  I worked on a Bible study of Ephesians for the month of January and so I've been using this study to write some Sunday Scripture posts for the remainder of the winter.  

The study I've been working on is the Ephesians Bible study from Good Morning Girls.  For the Scripture Sundays, I'll just select some of the verses I have worked on and share how I used the SOAP method of Bible study.  For today's lesson, we were to look at Ephesians 3:20-21.  Here we go:

 S= "Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
"Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end, Amen."  (Ephesians 3:20-21)

O= "The purpose of a benediction is to express praise to God and comfort to the listeners while focusing on both the character of God and His gifts of grace, peace, and divine enablement."  -- Rand Hummel, In Christ

Paul pauses to give God glory: this One who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or even think in His omnipotence and omniscience, is deserving of honor and glory from His people forever and ever.

A= Rand Hummel writes in In Christ, "May God receive glory and praise forever and ever through endless ages because of His wonderful plan of salvation for His church through His Son, Jesus Christ.  Let's not wait to praise and thank Him when we see Him face to face -- never allow a day to pass without thanking Him for forgiving you, saving you, and giving you everlasting life."

I need to pause every day and thank God for all He has done and is doing in my life, in the lives of people around  me, and in His world.  It's true, as Courtney wrote in the Reflection Question, that "our human minds cannot imagine or comprehend all that God can do and is doing in the world right now."  This is very comforting, because our world is in a huge mess right now.  It's such a blessing to be reminded that God knows every detail, and is able to sort things out in ways we cannot even begin to comprehend.

P= "Lord, I praise You so much that You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or even think.  I praise You that You know every detail of our lives and all that is happening in our world, and You are able to sort everything out as You see fit.  There are no limits to Your power.  It's very comforting to remember this, so I pray for Your will to be done and praise You for all You will do, in Jesus' name, Amen."

And there is our simple study for today!  I hope it was a blessing to you.

2 comments:

  1. Great comfort indeed. What would we do without Him? It reminds me to ask big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Absolutely. There is nothing too hard for God!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.