Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Time for the Hodgepodge!

 

 Wednesday again, and time for the Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond, where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers.  This week, the Hodgepodge has a literal theme of "time", which makes for some interesting questions.  Here we go ...

1. What's something you never seem to have enough time for? 

Creating things!   I seem to need some creativity in my life every day, but often it takes the form of cooking, baking, or blogging.  I love to sew, embroider, cross stitch, crochet and more, but it seems like most days go by without much, if any, needlework happening.  

2. If you could turn back time and relive just one day in your life, which day would you choose and why? 

That is a challenging question!   I'm going to say I would choose nearly any day when we have been staying in our favorite place up in northern New Hampshire on Back Lake.  This one, for example, a Sunday in 2019 when we went up there for a week to celebrate our 45th anniversary.

3. Something you enjoy making that takes a long time to prepare/cook? 

This lovely lemon dessert.  It's a bit time-consuming even though it uses mixes, because each layer has to set before adding another.  For years, though, this was a standard dessert for me to take to family parties.  

4. A time recently where you needed/gave yourself a 'time out'? How do you do that? 

If we can, we take time -- even a few hours will do, but overnight is better -- at our little camp.  Talk about an attitude adjustment.  There's just something so refreshing about spending time there.  Last Friday was very warm for March in New Hampshire.  The dirt road was a sea of mud, Mr. T had to shovel a path in the snow to get to the door, but we stayed overnight and were so glad that we did.

5. Something you've done recently that you'd describe as a 'good time'? 

We had several times like that this past week. On Thursday evening, for example, we attended a St. Patrick's Day supper and dance where our granddaughter's youth orchestra was playing.  Yummy corned beef and cabbage and great music!  On Friday evening we enjoyed several rounds of Uno with visiting grandchildren at our camp.  (The photo below shows Scrabble, not Uno, and it's from last spring before the living room walls were paneled, but you get the idea!)  On Saturday afternoon and evening we joined our young friends Sam and Jennifer and their little boys for a "breakfast for dinner" meal and great fellowship.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

This hodgepodge has made me think even more than usual!  Especially, it's made me think about time and how I use it.  Do I appreciate the time God gives me each day, and am I making good use of it?

Also, I have a handmade "Best of My Days" calendar on my nightstand, and each evening I record one special thing about the day.  This is such a blessing to help me focus on how each day has its own special moments. 

And that wraps up the Hodgepodge for this week!  Why not head on over to From This Side of the Pond and snag the questions to answer on your own blog?

12 comments:

  1. I love the idea of keeping a calendar by your bed to record those good times of a day. I usually spend time thanking God for those good things before going to sleep, but writing them down would be so helpful and fun to look back on. I would love to spend a few days at your camp. Ideallic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the questions, I could not imagine how I'd answer them. You have done a wonderful job with your responses and made it seem not so difficult after all. Lots of fun times at your camp. This makes me smile remembering the fun times at my family's cottage on the lake. We are all wondering these days if we can ever get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this one made me really think and sometimes, I enjoy that. I need the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never done the "hodgepodge", but enjoy reading others. Yours was lovely this time especially, because I love seeing that you get to enjoy time with your family/etc., especially at your little camp. That always warms my heart and makes me want to see more!!! You know I long to have such a place, but we don't have the grandchildren to help make it so special. I may have to borrow some one of these days! LOL. That cake/dessert sounds good. Have you shared the recipe before? Enjoy your days...spring must be starting to make its appearance there...but I do remember the "mud season". Yuck! glad you all persevered and made it into the camp! What a blessing. Take care, and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S., nevermind, I saw the recipe for the cake. Duh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little camp sounds so nice. It is important to have a time/place to retreat too. Your dessert sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your camp sounds like a fun place to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your idea of writing down the one special thing about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your camp so peaceful and nice. Glad you enjoyed your special times, from playing games to eating cornbeef and cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your camp looks like my kind of place. We all need some solitude in this noisy world. I made corned beef for St. Patrick's day. That is the only time I ever cook it, but the whole meal was so good. Then my hubs made some hash with the leftover beef and potatoes for our lunch after church on Sunday. It was yummy with fried eggs on top. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your answers...Your camp is so pretty with those lights in the windows. I used to cross stitch, now I seem to enjoy stamped embroidery or stamped cross stitch more. That recipe sounds yummy! That view from the lake is stunning! WOW~!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to have that little camp to escape to! That lemon dessert sounds so yummy. I'm a day behind in visiting hodgepodgers. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.