Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Friday, December 22, 2006
Christmas Countdown Challenge, Day 4
Today was quite a productive day! Although our cookie decorating/baking couldn't happen due to a sick granddaughter, it was really just as well -- when I turned on my oven this evening (for the first time all day) it was deader than a doornail. The electronic igniter had died -- again. This has happened so many times we could have bought a new stove with the money we've spent on igniters. Fortunately, we had one on hand -- my husband prudently ordered two the last time this happened.
Here's what I accomplished today:
* Made Heavenly Delight (fudge)
* Made Almond Brittle (and destroyed a glass bowl in the process)
* Wrapped up and labeled all of my tea-sized breads and cakes for gift-giving
* Put together 3 gift bags/baskets
* Finished sewing 4 foldable fabric baskets
* Did the last of the Christmas shopping tonight
* Did a lot more planning toward Christmas dinner, breakfast, etc.
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.