Thursday, December 02, 2010

December 2


I wanted December 1 to be a day when I sort of prepared for Christmas -- took the fall decor down, got out some of the Christmas decor, hunted up some Christmas recipes to add ingredients to my shopping list, etc. It just didn't work out that way yesterday.

I changed all of the calendars in the house to December -- that's something, right?

It had looked as if Mr. T would have yesterday free (too much rain to work in the woods) but he ended up doing other things like working on our vehicles, etc. If he had been home, he would have been able to help with getting items out of the attic. I had to be out of the house most of the afternoon as well, so it just wasn't to be yesterday. It's probably just as well, since I came down with a truly awful head cold yesterday morning and I don't have a whole lot of energy anyhow.

So not not a lot of Christmasy preparations got done. I did spend quite a bit of time working on handcrafted gifts, though I can't share specifics since many of the recipients read my blogs.

Supper was the usual Wednesday night pizza (I leave the dough in the bread machine while I deal with my afternoon commitments out of the house). I also made this wonderful Creamy Turkey Soup, which I highly recommend. I'm hoping it cures colds!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you are not feeling very well. I hope not as a result of one of your Thanksgiving guests. I have not been feeling very chipper either, but don't think it will amount to much (this time).

    I have such a desire to do Christmassy things too. On my way to work this AM went through a small blizzard... started singing Christmas songs :)

    I guess the holiday bug has caught up with me.

    Cookies would be a good place to start, but I have other things to do first.

    Hope you feel much better very soon and that you are able to do all your baking and things that you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes, ladies! I just remembered I never replied to your comments. I am feeling much better and have been able to do some of the Christmas things I've hoped to. There's never enough time, but at least I'm feeling better, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.