Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16 ~ Goals for this week


I have certainly fallen short of my goal to post in both blogs every day, and I do apologize for that.  This past week, in particular, was very busy, and the weekend was packed full of activity.  Although we missed being in church yesterday (services were canceled due to a large snowstorm in our area), we were also thankful for the opportunity to catch our breath and have a somewhat quiet day at home.  Here are my goals for the week:
* Finish Sunday School lesson 14
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Memorize Luke 2:10
* Continue with Advent study
*  Read 1 or 2 chapters in  Following God With All Your Heart
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows
*  Keep up with crafting goals for Christmas
 *  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post daily in both this blog and my Christmas blog
* Send out Christmas cards to friends as I receive theirs
*  Zero in on homemaking tasks in Zone 2, the kitchen and Zone 3, the bathrooms
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do
*  Email several friends
* Finish the Christmas decorating
 * Continue Christmas baking
*  Continue with a back-on-track challenge in the area of homemaking
* Finish several handcrafted gifts for our family in Nevada
* Wrap all of the gifts that I have
* Send package(s) to Nevada

And here is how last week went:
* Work on Sunday School lesson 14  -- DONE!
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook -- not done
*  Memorize Zephaniah 3:17 -- DONE!
* Continue with Advent study -- DONE!
*  Read 1 or 2 chapters in  Following God With All Your Heart -- not done; think I read part of one
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows -- not done
*  Keep up with crafting goals for Christmas -- DONE!
 *  Keep up a good water intake -- not as much as I should have
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- not done
*  Post daily in both this blog and my Christmas blog -- not done daily
* Send out Christmas cards to friends as I receive theirs -- started out well, but haven't kept up with it
*  Zero in on homemaking tasks in Zone 2, the kitchen -- not done
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do  -- DONE!
*  Email several friends -- think I sent one email
* Get a lot of Christmas decorating done -- DONE!
* Continue Christmas baking -- DONE!
*  Continue with a back-on-track challenge in the area of homemaking -- not done
* Attend some Christmas events -- DONE!
Plus we also managed to have a very fun outing with three of our grandkids -- something we are trying to make a tradition.

So I am surely hoping for a good, productive week this week.  Thankfully, it doesn't look like I have to be out of the house a lot this week; probably just parts of Wednesday and Thursday.   I love it when I can stay home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.