I'm also trying to leave my health and energy goals firmly in place. Here's a quote from Woman's Day's "Healthy Holidays" section in the December 2013 issue:
"Water, sleep and exercise ... are extremely important to keep you on track throughout a hectic season. Less of any of them can lead to unwanted weight gain. Your goal: Aim for six 8-ounce glasses of water per day, 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night and 30 minutes or more of exercise at least three times a week."
This is just common sense, but so easy to forget in the busyness of December. So, here are my:
*Work on Advent Bible study
* Continue reading Following God with All Your Heart
* Memorize 4 Bible verses.
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write and send Christmas cards
* Post daily in one or both of my blogs
* Make the remaining Christmas gifts on my crafting list
* Purchase remaining Christmas gifts
* Make Christmas kitchen gifts
* Decorate for Christmas
* Wrap all Christmas gifts
* Send Christmas packages to Nevada well ahead of time
* Attend several Christmas parties and events
* Get together with friends for breakfast
* Complete a back-on-track homemaking challenge
* Plan Christmas dinner
* Make some Christmas or winter curtains and other home decor items
And here is how things went in November:
* Continue reading through the book of Proverbs, journaling as I go -- done, until the last 2 weeks when I switched to doing a Thanksgiving study
* Continue reading Following God with All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses -- DONE!
* Continue study of 2 Samuel -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 15 times; walk as often as possible -- not done
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- not done
* Limit sugar -- did great the first couple of weeks ... after that, not done
* Drink enough water each day -- did okay with this
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- did okay with this
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Post several times weekly in one or both of my blogs -- DONE!
* Finish some UFO craft projects -- not done
* Make most of the remaining Christmas gifts on my list -- still have quite a few to go
* Declutter several closets -- not done
* Work on crafts for gifts or sale -- DONE!
* Complete a back-on-track challenge -- DONE!
* Plan and host Thanksgiving dinner -- DONE!
* Make some fall curtains and other home decor items -- DONE!
So, while I am hoping for a productive December, my goals have shifted a bit from the usual. I want to focus on enjoying the true meaning of the season!