Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pinterest project: lighted snow globe terrariums

Back in early December my daughter Carrie and I got together to make some of these Snow Globe Terrariums using mostly old jars from my dad's basement.  The jars had been sitting there for years, so it was fun to wash them until they sparkled and give them a new life as pretty winter decorations!

Here are a few photos of the process.  Enjoy!
Getting started

Close look at one of the jars
I arranged mine on a table on our screened porch.
I added greenery from our woods for a finishing touch.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Mrs T!! and a good way to recycle as well. Hope 2014 is a year of blessing for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Arlene! We had lots of fun making these together, and the jars will remain on my porch for the rest of the winter. It's very snowy up here for real -- not just in the snow globes -- and more is predicted for tomorrow.

    Hope 2014 is a blessed year for the Grimm family as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.