Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Goals for week beginning 12/2/2013
A day late posting weekly goals again. That seems to be how it goes around here! So my goals for the week are:
* Completely finish Sunday School lesson 13; begin lesson 14
* Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"? notebook
* Memorize Romans 15:13
* Continue with Advent study
* Read 1 or 2 chapters in Following God With All Your Heart
* Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows * Keep up with crafting goals for Christmas
* Keep up a good water intake
* Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
* Post daily in both this blog and my Christmas blog
* Send out Christmas cards for a card exchange I'm taking part in
* Zero in on homemaking tasks in Zone 1, the entry, dining room, and porch
* Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do
* Email several friends
* Get a lot of Christmas decorating done
* Begin Christmas baking
* Continue with a back-on-track challenge in the area of homemaking
* Post some TripAdvisor reviews
* Finish a set of Christmas banners for over the dining room windows
And here's how last week went:
* Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
* Finish Sunday School lesson 13 -- finished all except the last page
* Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"? notebook -- DONE!
* Review Psalm 100 -- DONE!
* Read 1 or 2 chapters in Following God With All Your Heart -- not done
* Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows -- not done * Keep up with crafting goals for Christmas -- DONE!
* Keep up a good water intake -- not done as much as I'd have liked
* Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- not done
* Post at least four times in my regular blog, and in my Christmas blog as time allows -- DONE!
* Zero in on homemaking tasks in Zone 5, the living room -- DONE!
* Spend at least 15 minutes a day reorganizing the many piles, stacks,
notebooks and containers full of recipes I've collected over time -- not done, although I did spend the 15 minutes one of the days
* Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- DONE!
* Find or make a better weekly to-do list -- not done
* Write several encouraging notes to friends and family -- -- DONE!
* Continue with a back-on-track challenge in the area of homemaking -- DONE!
* Post some TripAdvisor reviews -- I posted one, so I guess that counts
* Enjoy Thanksgiving Day with friends and family! -- DONE!
I'm tabling a few things for now; the recipe project, the 2 Samuel Bible study; the search for a better to-do list. I'm trying to concentrate and focus on the true meaning of the season.
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.