Thursday, December 07, 2023

A new cookie recipe this year: Chocolate Dipped Maple Logs

 

 This recipe has been on my list of want-to-try Christmas cookies  for many years.  

I found it in the 2007 Christmas magazine pictured below, but have just never found the time to try it out.  

Many readers know that my hubby has taken over most of the Christmas cookie baking at our house.  Last year he tried a couple of new cookie varieties that caught his eye.  And this year, he asked if there were other kinds I might want to bake myself.  I promptly added these Chocolate Dipped Maple Logs to the list.  An occasion (an informal cookie swap) presented itself and so I baked these for it.

They are wonderful!  Easy to make, not overly sweet (just a half cup of confectioners sugar in the recipe) and really delicious.  The only problem is that the recipe is not on the Taste of Home website.  My Nevada daughter thought the recipe sounded good (and I think she may have given me the magazine I found it in, in the first place!) so I thought I would send her a link.  I couldn't find it, but thankfully a bit more of a search turned up the recipe on Bakespace.  And now I'm sharing the link with all of you.  

Hope you enjoy these delightful cookies if you try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.