Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday (on Tuesday)

 


 No time for a long post, and I'm having to post it on Tuesday, but I'm taking a few minutes to join Sandra for this link party over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Some answers like the weather and the food will be Monday-specific, but that just means you'll know what my Monday was like!

The Weather:::

Currently 34º with almost no wind.  Cloudy.  We got a lot of heavy, wet snow overnight.  It's predicted to be cloudy all day with a chance of snow showers this evening.

As I look outside my window:::

Snow, snow, snow.  All of the trees in my view currently are snow-covered,  Every limb.  Similar to the photo below which is from a previous winter.

Right now I am:::

 Working on a blog post.  And, once again, feeling guilty about taking the time!  So much to do!
 
Thinking and pondering:::
 
About this quote from Elizabeth George: "After all, the demands of the present -- the tasks to perform, the duties to fulfill, the responsibilities to handle, the people to minister to -- comprise the course on which we run the race toward Christlikeness."

Truly worth pondering on and acting on, every moment of every day's race.
 
On my bedside table::: 

 A lamp, four books,  and a pen.

 Listening to::: 

My hubby plowing the driveway.
 
 On the Breakfast plate:::

I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch was a salad with cubes of turkey and cheese in  addition to leaf lettuce.

On the dinner plate::: 

Hamburger patties, baked buttercup squash, and coleslaw.

On the menu for this week::: 

 A few meals on my menu plan:

Breakfast sliders, hash brown casserole, fried apples
Chicken Divan
Shepherd's Pie using mashed turnips in place of potatoes
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Choosing Forgivemess by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
A Step Farther and Higher, by Gail MacDonald
High Call, High Privilege, also by Gail MacDonald
All Manner of Things, by Susie Finkbeiner -- and loving this one.
 

 On my to do list today:::
 
Work on December blog posts
Work on Sunday School lesson 17
Send out of country Christmas cards
Empty wastebaskets √
Laundry √
Vacuum upstairs
Dust bedroom
Email hospitality team about outreach opportunity

Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some Christmas cards on Etsy
Ironing
Take a bag to the thrift store
Work on my Sunday School lessons
Blogging
Continue decluttering the linen closet
Have four local grands over for breakfast, candy making and crafting
Meet up with friends for thrifting and supper out


Photos above from last year's fun with these 4 grands!
 
What I am creating:::
 
Autumn cross-stitch sampler
Some "condensation catchers" out of old towels to place behind toilets that sweat in the humidity -- no, I still haven't finished started those! 😕  And I need to do so, because the old towels are just sitting around waiting to be used!
Need to start a pillow quilt for a granddaughter's gift
Work on more Shutterfly projects for gifts 
Crocheted hot mat for the gift stash
Last week I made some coasters to use as part of a gift basket.  They weren't the same prints as the ones below, but made with several fun Christmas fabrics.


The above photo shows both fronts and backs of coasters I made some time ago.
The above fabric is what I used on the back of the coasters I just made.  It's newish fabric, but I like its vintage look.


Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::
 
"Christmas will always be in the hearts of God's children everywhere as they extend a helping hand to a friend in need ... as they go about reflecting God's goodness in the little quiet and unheralded expressions of a loving heart ... as they share the light of the world with those who live in darkness."
-- Jane Hillsmen

What a wonderful way to live in every season!  There are so few who seek to show the world an accurate representation of God in everyday life.  More of us need to make that a goal.  

On my prayer list:::
 
Friends & family
Church family
Missionaries
Our country
 
And there's the Happy Homemaker Monday (on Tuesday 😃) for this week! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh you are making such wonderful memories with your grands! Loved reading your post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your post. What a wonderful blog to peruse, and the accompanying photos are truly delightful. It seems that your Christmas celebrations go above and beyond what we typically do here in the Netherlands. Thank you for sharing your corner of the world sphere. What a beautiful glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Tuesday...and happy December to you! So glad you take the time to create your posts - I always enjoy stopping by and catching up! So glad we don't have snow...but your photos are pretty. Have a wonderful week ahead -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabric and all that crafting with your grandchildren looks like fun, and great memories for them! Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.