Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday on Tuesday

 


As usual, there's no time for a long post, and I'm a day late, but I'm taking a few minutes to join Sandra for this link party over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.   It's been great because it has provided an easy way to post for December Daily.  I hadn't really been sure if Sandra would post a Happy Homemaker Monday, but I'm glad she did!

The Weather:::

38ΒΊ and foggy, with 2 mph wind.  Mostly cloudy with a chance of a little sun later today, and a high of 43Βͺ.  Pretty unseasonable temperatures for late December in New Hampshire.

As I look outside my window::: 

 There are only a very few small remnants of snow in our woods, but for the most part the ground is covered with brown leaves.  And also, at the moment, the ground is covered with dozens of little brown  striped birds -- some type of finch or sparrow, I would guess.  They are finding plenty to eat on the ground, it appears. 



Right now I am:::

 Working on a blog post.  And, once again, feeling guilty about taking the time!  So much to do!
 
Thinking and pondering:::
 
The important thought that even though our Christmases may seem less than perfect and we may feel sad or lonely during this season because of brokenness in our lives or families, nothing will ever change God's love for us.  He sent Jesus out of His great love for us so that we might have a relationship with Him.  We can cling to that regardless of difficulty in our families or lives or even our world in general.
 
On my bedside table::: 

 A lamp, four books,  and a pen.

 Listening to::: 

The hum of the dryer.


 
 On the Breakfast plate:::

I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch will be a salad with cubes of turkey and cheese in  addition to leaf lettuce.

On the dinner plate::: 

Roasted kielbasa and vegetables -- red peppers, squash, onions, Brussels sprouts

On the menu for this week::: 

 A few meals on my menu plan:

Ham and cheese sliders, hash brown casserole, cinnamon apples (meal to share with friends)
Leftover Ranch House Chicken, with broccoli
Shepherd's Pie using mashed turnips in place of potatoes
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Choosing Forgivemess by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
A Step Farther and Higher, by Gail MacDonald
High Call, High Privilege, also by Gail MacDonald
All Manner of Things,
by Susie Finkbeiner -- which I am reading through for the second time, and loving it

On my to do list today:::

Work on December blog posts
Work on Sunday School lesson 17
Email Sunday School lesson 15 to ladies
Follow-up email to hospitality team/church family about outreach opportunity
Prepare a small package for mailing
Order vitamins√

 

 
Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some Christmas cards on Etsy
Ironing
Take a bag to the thrift store
Work on my Sunday School lesson
Blogging
Meet up with friends for supper on Friday or Saturday
Finish superhero capes and masks for little friends

 
What I am creating:::
 
January cross-stitch sampler, plus another cross-stitch I am dreaming of starting
Some "condensation catchers" out of old towels to place behind toilets that sweat in the humidity -- no, I still haven't finished started those! πŸ˜•  And I need to do so, because the old towels are just sitting around waiting to be used!
Some dishcloths in Christmasy colors
Need to make some superhero gifts for friends
Crocheted hot mat for the gift stash
Below are scans of a few completed projects using Readerville fabric.
 
A coaster.  The pre-cuts were the exact right size for coasters.
Side 1 of a mug rug.
Side 2 of a mug rug.  These are a little larger than some mug rugs because I wanted to use the fabric squares as they were and not cut them at all. 
 
Here are some photos as opposed to scans:
Side 2
Side 1
Coaster and edge of mug rug
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::
 
This quote from Pain's Hidden Purpose, by Don Baker:
 
"The Christian life is kept fine-tuned by biblical theology.  We should always interpret experience by truth -- we should always filter every pain through the lens of deity.  When God is in sharp focus, then life is also undistorted." 
 
 This quote was shared by Elizabeth George in the chapter "Trusting the Lord" from her book Loving God with All Your Mind
 
On my prayer list:::
 
Friends & family
Church family
Missionaries
Our country
 
And there's the Happy Homemaker Monday  for this week! 

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. Love the mug rugs. Have a relaxing week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful New Year, Lucie! 😊

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing all the images throughout your post. Wondering what birds you are seeing, I fed all mine today but haven't seen anything but robins (odd) that don't really visit the feeders. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice visit, Jean. Happy New Year! 😊

      Delete
  3. Hello! Happy and Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same to you, Billie Jo! Always a delight to see you here! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.