Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Hodgepodge December 13

 


It's Wednesday again, and time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.   This week I'll add in some more vintage Christmas goodies from my collection and/or shop.   Here goes!

1. Oxford's Word of the Year for 2023 is 'rizz'. Hmmm...before today had you ever heard the word? Do you know what it means? (Apparently it's short for charisma) Have you ever used the word? If you were in charge of the world, what word would you declare word of the year for 2023?

Nope, I had never heard the word before.  I wonder how many actually have.  If I had heard it, I might  have heard it as "riz" which is short for risen, as in "riz biscuits" (biscuits leavened with yeast).

No idea what I might pick as word of the year.  Maybe woman.

2. What's one word you tend to abbreviate in your writing or speech? (as in rizz for charisma)

Hmmm... I may need to think about this for a bit.  Maybe "grandkids" or "grands" rather than grandchildren. 

3. Are you a Hallmark movie watcher this time of year? What's your favorite character from a holiday- themed movie, book, or TV special? 

Pretty sure I have never watched even one Hallmark movie.   My experience with holiday-themed movies and TV specials is pretty limited too.  For a favorite character, though, I might pick Clarence (I think that's the angel's name, right?) from It's a Wonderful Life.  He gets funnier every time I watch it.

4. Something you look forward to eating this month? 

Christmas cookies. 
 

5. What's the most stressful part of the holiday season for you? 

It's a busy time of year in my Etsy shop, on my blogs, at church, and in real life.  Keeping an appropriate balance may be the most stressful part. 


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Every year I try to do daily December posts on both blogs. I don't always manage it here, but I try to be very consistent about it with my Christmas blog, Mrs. T's Christmas Kitchen.  Check it out if you haven't visited!


And that's the Hodgepodge for this week!


 

5 comments:

  1. I'm lucky if I get the Hodgepodge done in December, so good for you keeping up with so much. I think balance this time of year is tricky for all. It requires intention that's for sure. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage Santa photo at the end of your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew someone would come up with an abbreviation I use but could not think of...grands! I use that all the time. Love all the vintage Christmas! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can definitely say I have never heard the word "rizz" - is that even a real word?? I do the word "kiddos" alot instead of children but not sure that is actually a shortened word. Hmmm. That is a cute grand's photo, though!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clarence is wonderful character - I love him too! Have a lovely Christmas! (and I'm off to check out your christmas blog)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.