Saturday, December 16, 2023

Saturday six

 


 That would be six posts from the December archives here at my kitchen table.  I apparently never had done an archive post for December before, which makes sense as I'm often posting daily in December.  So I'm planning right now to do three different archive posts this month, with six archived posts from past Decembers for things my readers may have missed.

From December 2006, a Mulled Cider Mix that makes a fun and fantastic addition to a neighbor gifts, or a  little tuck-in for gift baskets.  I have made more of these than I can count over the years and had just been thinking that I will make some this year.  

If you've had trouble finding whole spices like nutmegs (which this recipe does not call for, but which I use to grate on top of Eggnog Logs) or allspice berries (which this recipe does call for), let me suggest that if you live in New England you will want to check out Market Basket.  They carry such things in the regular baking aisle, packaged in little ziplock bags, in the Badia brand, for under $1.  

The tray of kitchen gifts below includes two of these mulled cider mixes.

 I didn't post every day in  December 2007, likely because we had taken a vacation to Florida in the month preceding and ended up with house guests right after that.  But I did post this recipe for Ginger-Glazed Sweet Potatoes, which might be a great side for Christmas dinner.

From 2008, Treasures of Darkness shares some devotional thoughts that might encourage you if your Christmas season is feeling a little darker than usual.

In December 2009, I was severely limited by eldercare responsibilities so only posted here a few times.  But this post: A different Monday reminds me that God is so good to provide a few hours or even a day of respite when we need it, often when all the odds seem stacked against such a thing.

In December 2010 I mostly posted about daily happenings as often as I could, but this Handcrafted birthday banner shows a project I made two of for gifts that year.


And lastly, for December 2011, I chose to feature the recipe for Sacher Torte Cookies, one of our family's very favorites.  They are the chocolate topped cookies in the foreground of the photo below.

 
Hope you've enjoyed this Saturday six!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.