Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Hodgepodge December 20

 


 It's Wednesday again, and time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.     Here goes!

1. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was it by choice or by necessity? 

More listening, by necessity.   My hubby was away for the day helping out a friend and so my time was my own.  I did some blogging and a lot of baking.  I listened to Christmas music on YouTube and watched a couple of past Christmas home tours from Sugar Pie Farmhouse.

Above, little Apricot Cakes!

2. Are you a tea drinker? Hot, cold, or both? Flavored? What do you like in your tea? Do you make Christmas tea this time of year? What time of day do you like to sip your tea? 
 
I am a tea drinker and I enjoy both hot tea and iced tea.   I like regular tea and also flavored tea.  I don't love every herb tea, but some of them are delicious.  I can enjoy tea any time of day.  I like some of the Christmas teas like Candy Cane Lane and Ginger Snappish.  The Hot Cinnamon (last two are Bigelow) is also delicious and one of my favorites.   Tea photos are from Pixabay.  Some photographers are so creative!


3. What's an activity you won't try, an event you won't attend, or an athletic challenge you won't take part in not even for 'all the tea in China'

Probably lots of things when it comes to athletic challenges, also some events and maybe even certain activities.  There is also an injection I won't get.  I have reached the point in life where I want everything I do to move me toward God's purposes for my life, so I am tending to be more selective with my choices than ever..  


4. What's something most people seem to love but is not 'your cup of tea'? 

 Reality TV.  Is that even a thing anymore?  And actually, there are many things other people seem to love that I just don't care for.  I probably won't say what any of them are in order to preserve my friendships here in blogland.

5. How does your family celebrate New Year's Eve? 

Sometimes not at all.  My hubby has nearly always had to work on New Year's Day, so we tended not to stay up late. Some years we have had a New Year's Eve time at church where we have a potluck meal, snacks, and/or a family game time.  This year we are doing that on New Year's Eve afternoon. 


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Christmasy preparations are coming on apace here at our house.   I just made some chocolate dipped orange slice candies.  So good.  Most of the gifts have been purchased and many have been wrapped.  There are still a few small things I want to make which hopefully I will find time for.

And there's the Hodgepodge for this week!


 

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers and was nodding my head as I read #3 and 4. Your Christmas goodies look so good! The merriest of Christmases to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fun that you were nodding as you read #3 and #4! 😉. Christmas goodies are some of my favorite things to make. Even the insane price of butter this year has not deterred us!

      A wonderful Christmas is wished for you and yours as well! 🎄❤

      Delete
  2. I would like to come over for tea and Christmas treats please... yummy!!
    Merry Christmas, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, I truly wish you lived d close enough to do just that! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.