Monday, December 11, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 


As usual, there's no time for a long post, but I'm taking a few minutes to join Sandra for this link party over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.   It's great because it provides an easy way to post for December Daily.

The Weather:::

Currently 36º and cloudy.  12 mph winds so it feels like 28º.  Looks as if we dodged a bullet weatherwise, as there was flooding predicted with lots of rain and snow melt.  It's predicted to be cloudy all day with a chance of snow into midafternoon, at which point we might see the sun.

As I look outside my window:::

There is some snow around the edges, but mostly I see bare ground, brown with fallen leaves.

A vintage Christmas card from my collection and/or Etsy shop.  I thought it might be fun to sprinkle in a few of these.

Right now I am:::

 Working on a blog post.  And, once again, feeling guilty about taking the time!  So much to do!
 
Thinking and pondering:::
 
About this quote from Elizabeth George's book Loving God with All Your Mind, the chapter titled Trusting the Lord “There has never been a mistake and there never will be even a split second when God is not present with you, superintending and being actively involved in your life.  Acknowledging that God has planned your life can help free you from bitterness and resentment toward people, events, and circumstances.”

Absolutely true.  So much bitterness and resentment could be eliminated from our lives as believers if we would only take this to heart.
 
On my bedside table::: 

 A lamp, four books,  and a pen.

 Listening to::: 

My hubby cleaning the shower.  
Another vintage Christmas card -- so fun!

 
 On the Breakfast plate:::

I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch was a salad with cubes of turkey and cheese in  addition to leaf lettuce.

On the dinner plate::: 

Not sure yet.

On the menu for this week::: 

 A few meals on my menu plan:

Ham in the crockpot, probably some sort of cauliflower side dish
Chicken Divan
Shepherd's Pie using mashed turnips in place of potatoes
More crockpot meals just to buy me more "Christmas time"
 
Above is a vintage Christmas card from my Etsy shop
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Choosing Forgivemess by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
A Step Farther and Higher, by Gail MacDonald
High Call, High Privilege, also by Gail MacDonald

All Manner of Things, by Susie Finkbeiner -- and loving this one.

On my to do list today:::
 

Work on December blog posts
Work on Sunday School lesson 17
Laundry
Vacuum upstairs
Dust bedroom
Maybe make some kitchen gifts
Order paper towels for church√
Check grandkids' wish lists and order
Send out several Etsy orders√
Empty wastebaskets√

By the way, speaking of December blog posts, have you visited my Christmas blog, Mrs. T's Christmas Kitchen?  If not, I hope that you will!  I'm planning to post over there every day during December.  Of course I also hope to blog here at my kitchen table every day this month, but if I run shy on time, priority will go to my Christmas kitchen.  


Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some Christmas cards on Etsy
Ironing
Take a box to the thrift store
Work on my Sunday School lessons
Blogging
Wrapping some gifts


What I am creating:::
 
Autumn and January cross-stitch samplers
Some "condensation catchers" out of old towels to place behind toilets that sweat in the humidity -- no, I still haven't finished started those! 😕  And I need to do so, because the old towels are just sitting around waiting to be used!
Need to start a pillow quilt for a granddaughter's gift
Work on more Shutterfly projects for gifts 
Crocheted hot mat for the gift stash
Some dishcloths in Christmas colors, just for fun



 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::
 
"Your kitchen, whatever it looks like, is your number one resource for holiday celebrations and decoration.  It's your comforting place to nurture relationships with people related by blood and those you choose to welcome into your life.  It's rich with possibilities for gift giving, for expressing thanks, for reaching out to others and showing love to them.  It's also an ideal place to connect with children, passing along the experience of Christmas and recovering a little of the child in you at the same time."  Tammy Maltby
 
This is a quote from Tammy Maltby's wonderful little book titled The Christmas Kitchen.  You can read my review of it here.  The link for the book will take you to Thriftbooks, where you will find a very good hardcover copy of it for $4.79.

On my prayer list:::
 
Friends & family
Church family
Missionaries
Our country
 
And there's the Happy Homemaker Monday for this week! 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage cards! I love them. Elizabeth George writes some beautiful things. A lot of her quotes are in my Women's Study Bible. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed seeing the vintage cards in your post. Beautiful! Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote about the kitchen. It's so true, such a central place in the home and where so many memories are made. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry coming by so late. Had a nice time reading your post. off to see Mrs.T's kitchen. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.