Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sparing our words...


Watching what I say is an ongoing challenge for me. I pray about this often -- that the Lord will help me to stop and think and weigh my words (and sometimes even pray) before speaking.

Proverbs 10:19 is a good reminder.

"In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise."

Concerning this verse, Charles Spurgeon wrote:

"How common is the fault of talkativeness. Men talk so much because they think so little. Drums make a great noise because they are hollow. One attribute of a wise man is within the reach of us all -- we can be quiet. Let us try it."

Thought-provoking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.