Thursday, March 01, 2007

A bit of poetry for the month of March


Here is a bit of poetry that speaks to me every March when I post it on my ribbon board:

from The First Spring Day


I wonder if the sap is stirring yet,
If wintry birds are dreaming of a mate,
If frozen snowdrops feel as yet the sun
And crocus fires are kindling one by one;
Sing, robins, sing;
I still am sore in doubt concerning Spring...

The sap will surely quicken soon or late,
The tardiest bird will twitter to a mate;
So spring must dawn again with warmth and bloom,
Or in this world, or in the world to come;
Sing, voice of Spring,
Till I too blossom and rejoice and sing.

Christina Rossetti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.