Monday, October 19, 2015

National Cookie Month

A vintage cookbooklet from my collection
Did you know October is National Cookie Month?  Neither did I, until I read this amazing fact in an email from King Arthur Flour.  Now, I think it is important that we celebrate!

Cookies and bars are some of my very favorite things to bake.  In fact, I have an entire Pinterest board which I have titled The Cookie Jar.  Check it out -- you will find loads of inspiration there.

And, as you might guess, I have loads of cookie recipes here at my kitchen table.  I went back to the archives and linked up to some of them for you.  These Best Blond Brownies really are the best.  I highly recommend them and they are so easy!
Photo from Taste of Home
The Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies Ever take just a few simple ingredients and are a fun cookie to bake with kids.
Page from a vintage cookie booklet
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are a perfect cookie for fall baking.  Yes,  they actually do contain pumpkin as an ingredient ... they are not just pumpkin spice.
Photo by Annie's Eats
These Crunchy Toffee Crackle Cookies are a recipe I developed myself to taste like cookies I remembered from the hometown bakery of my childhood.  They come pretty close!

And if you are interested in a whole bunch of cookie recipes, go here: Cookie Recipes Galore.  This is a post I did with links to collections of my cookie recipes.  It was a link-up to Gooseberry Patch's Recipe Round-Up, so there are also tons of  recipe links below my post.  Have fun with them!

 Happy National Cookie Month!  And happy baking!


2 comments:

  1. Oh this is horrible! It's cookie month and I have not baked one cookie! I should bake some today as it is bitter cold and I will be having guests later. It is always fun for me to make something without any chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't baked cookies either this month, come to think of it! Bitter cold here too -- 25º when I got up and isn't supposed to get out of the 40s all day. Guess I really should bake ... but I'm trying to help my hubby eat healthy. Maybe I could bake some Christmas cookies to freeze.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.