Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Valentine Countdown Challenge, Day 5
Today was a very busy day, as well, but I managed to accomplish quite a bit toward the challenge:
* Created window treatments for the master bedroom -- made no-sew valances from blue fabric placemats and napkins on clearance at Walmart. I'm very pleased with how they came out. I've had lace curtains up at those windows for a long time (taking them down to wash them periodically, of course) and I really like the fresh, crisp look of these valances.
* Did a ton of decluttering on bookshelves in the computer room and hallway.
* Vaccumed the entire house -- of course it will need it again before Wednesday, but it looks good now.
* Did some decluttering in the craft closet.
* Did a bunch of decluttering in the guest room.
* Framed a family photo and arranged it along with another photo on the little table in the new upstairs sitting area.
* Worked on invitations for our open house.
* Washed some extra blankets so our guests will stay cozy and warm at night.
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.